CDR is growing at 200+% and we need strong leaders to support a team of Engagement Managers across a portfolio of projects. In this capacity you will provide direction and mentorship to more junior team members ensuring adoption of delivery best practices and ultimately be held accountable for overall project success. At times you will need to roll up your sleeves and directly lead the most complex software delivery projects. You will be instrumental in providing thought leadership by supporting creation of assets for the practice and customers. You will support business development by identifying expansion opportunities across assigned portfolio of accounts. Sounds exciting?
Here’s a little more detail:
- Provide day-to-day leadership (guidance, coaching and mentoring) to a team of Engagement Managers across a portfolio of assigned projects.
- Ensure adoption of delivery best practices and strong risk management.
- Enforce key project management principles regarding resource capacity planning, budget and margin analysis, and accomplishing milestones.
- Maintain client relationships and demonstrate ability to lead and oversee multiple projects to a successful outcome.
- Drive pre-sales Concept Design Workshops to define project delivery roadmap, minimum viable product and position CDR delivery engagement.
- Contribute to business development activities by identifying expansion opportunities within assigned portfolio of projects.
- Contribute to the continuous growth of the delivery practice by bringing thought leadership from the field, proposing enhancements based on field experience and developing assets (e.g. white papers, learning material, service offerings).
- Conduct internal workshops on delivery best practices and associated concepts.
- Work remotely, anywhere in the continental US, with a willingness to travel up to 25%.
What you have:
- 7+ years of project management experience in software delivery (PMP Certification from the PMI institute is a huge plus).
- Deep knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle both in a Waterfall and Agile delivery environment.
- Experience managing and coaching people. Strong history of mentoring others to achieve their best.
- Comfortable working with client senior leadership. Advanced facilitation and communication skills. Strong relationship builder.
- Ability to manage challenging and complex client situations by fostering a collaborative environment and driving solutions to problems with mutually beneficial results.
- Experience in Waterfall delivery, Agile delivery, Business Analysis, Project Management, Program Management, and general client delivery best practices.
- Experience in Change Management, with the ability to anticipate, address, and communicate client issues BEFORE they become problems.
- Experience supporting a sales team by positioning value of delivery services and shaping future engagements (i.e. crafting and presenting delivery proposals).
- Self-directed and proactive remote worker with ability to travel to customer sites as needed.